Here are the areas of success and opportunity for Slavic Churches in America:
Success of being on mission of Slavic Churches:
- Financial support of overseas missions
- Financial support of building new church buildings in Russia
- Providing humanitarian aid to those in need overseas
- Short term mission trips
- Live-Stream of church services to Russian speaking people throughout the world
Areas of Opportunity for Slavic Churches:
- Most efforts are directed at being on mission in former Slavic countries
- Very little is done to reach with the gospel, people who live in “Jerusalem,’ aka, U.S.
- 90% of missionaries are living in Slavic countries
- 10% of missionaries are in different countries
- 0% of missionaries are in the U.S.
- 80% of resources go to fund missionaries in Slavic countries.
- 20% of resources go to spreading the gospel here in the U.S.
- Main reason for growth in Slavic churches was due to immigration.
- Because influx of immigrants ceased, so did the increase of membership.
The above information and statistics were presented by: Вячеслав Михайлович Цвиринько (заместитель Председателя ТОЦЕХБ (http://bit.ly/15bfeGT)
I do not think I have a complete solution for the above opportunities.
But I do believe that there is a part of this solution that needs to be implemented in the Slavic Churches located in America.
Here is what I think all Slavic churches should do in the United States. Click here to read it.