I do not know what your current season of life looks like. But God does. And this is what matters most. God specifically is aware of your season because he strategically put you in it for the time being. I know that sometimes, we are ready for the season to change. However, the season is only interested in changing us.
Today, I would like to encourage you during whatever season of life that you find yourself in. This also serves as an encouragement to me. To be able to write this and to share it with you.
When I was thinking of the current season of my life this morning, the following verses from First Peter came to mind immediately:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Pet. 6-7).
The last part of this text, namely the call to cast all of our anxieties upon the Chief Shepherd, because He cares for us — really is speaking to me today. My desire is that it would speak to you as well. My hope is that this promise would penetrate the dense fog that might have accumulated in your life because of the season you are in.
Here are eleven things that I pray will serve as an encouragement to you, if you find yourself weary or weathered.
- Jesus loves you and is infinitely concerned with your situation, personally and specifically.
- Jesus knows exactly what you are going through right now and how He will go through it with you.
- Jesus allowed this season to come to pass so that His name would be glorified through you.
- Jesus paid the price for your sin — past, present and future — at the foot of Calvary.
- We find our “yes” & “amen” to anything that we are going through at the cross of Christ.
- Jesus desires that you would find pleasure in Him and in Him alone, regardless of the season that you are in.
- Jesus promises to care for you tenderly and to remove from you anxiety undoubtedly.
- Jesus desires that you would create peace with the people in your life, at the cost of your own personal preferences.
- Jesus wants you to die a painful death to self so that you could live a pleasurable life for His glory and according to His standards.
- Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you and will continue to care for you, regardless of whether you feel His presence or not.
- Jesus wants you to take the heap of hurt that you are harboring and bring it to His feet so that he could give you rest and restoration that you are craving deeply.
Even now, the season you might be going through might be painful. It might be confusing. Uncertainty is what accompanies your awaking and anxiety is what occupies your daily routine. Jesus is speaking to you right now. He is asking for you to cast all of our anxiety, all of your hurt, all of your uncertainty, all of your pain, all of your sin, all of your worry — upon Him right now — run to Him in a desperate prayer. Fall prostrate before the Good Shepherd, who desires deeply to oversee the condition of your soul and to bring it to drink from living waters that are mighty to give and renew life.
Question: What word of encouragement can you offer today for those who are weary and weathered? Please share this in the comments.