I recently wrote about my blogging journey and what has happened in the past two years. At this time, I am going to take a short break from blogging. Here is why:
1. I will be speaking and traveling extensively, for the next two months. By God’s grace, I have been offered a few speaking opportunities in different parts of the country. I am humbled by this and also excited about sharing the message of Jesus, to a generation in need of radical redemption. I want to provide fresh, relevant content to each audience that I speak to. During this break, I want to just hunker down and create content, without the additional pressure of having to post here. Please pray that this time would produce much fruit and that I would make much of Jesus. If you want me to come speak at your event, click here.
2. I want to re-focus and re-energize to bring you the best content that you have ever read. Someone said recently to me that they feel like I am finally finding my voice in blogging and writing. While that may be true, I still am determined to become a better writer. And as with anything, the way that will happen is with more practice. During this blogging break, I want to re-focus on what I write, what my main focus is and what it is that I can write about, that will resonate with you as the reader.
3. I want to free myself up at least temporarily from the pressure of posting new content, every week. Blogging weekly has actually served to discipline me personally in every single area of my life. As with any routine, it creates a system of consistency that begins to really benefit you personally. By releasing myself from the pressure of having to post content, consistently, I am able to think through more about what I want to accomplish with this blog.
4. I want to re-evaluate the frequency of posting and the type of content that I am putting out, here on the blog. There has been a shift in content creation in the last year. Consistency is more important than frequency. Right now, I have been posting three new posts, each week. During this blogging break, I want to first ask you if this is a good frequency, or if you would be ok with just one or two solid posts, weekly.
5. I want to work on a few projects that have been on the back-burner but need to be rolled out. Many people have told me the various ways in which they consume content. There have been a few projects that I kept putting on the back-burner. I am really passionate about them and so I have decided that during this blogging break, I can give my undivided attention to a few new things, which hopefully I can introduce to you, once I am back from the break.
In the mean time, please click here to see my most popular posts. You can also use the google search engine feature, located on the side bar to search and browse the posts that already are in existence.
Question: What suggestions do you have for me regarding frequency of posting? What is your primary way in which you consume content from this blog?