In this episode of Fuel For Life, I discuss what you can do right now to begin reading your Bible consistently, every single day. I want to share with you what has really helped me to read my Bible on a consistent daily basis. I hope this will help you as well.
The Apostle Paul writes that all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness – so that the man or woman of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. The Bible also says that the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword. It is able to judge thoughts and intentions of the heart.
The point here is not methodology (how I do things). The more important part here is consistency (actually doing it).
The big idea is this:
Consistency is more important than frequency.
How often you read is more important than how much you read. Here are five practical principles that talk about in this episode, which help me stay consistent in reading Scripture every single day:
- Commit to reading your Bible every single day.
- Schedule time to read your Bible, every single day.
- Use a Bible Reading Plan.
- Read Your Favorite Type Of Bible.
- Have multiple Bible in multiple locations, at all times.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Bible app that I personally use on my iPhone, click here.
- The Study Bible app that I personally use in addition to the one above, click here.
- The Paper Bible that I personally use to read and to preach from, click here.
- A great blog post written by fellow blogger Brandon that teaches you how to get the most out of your daily Bible reading, click here.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your network of friends by either posting a link on Twitter or sharing the episode on Facebook, using the hashtag #fuelforlife.
I would really appreciate a positive review on the podcast page in iTunes as well.
Question: How do you personally stay consistent in reading your Bible, every single day?