In this episode of Fuel For Life, I talk about how you can avoid a potentially dangerous burnout in your life and get well on your way to achieve balance within your life. The big idea is this: If you don’t get rest, rest will eventually get you. Or as someone said, if you don’t take a sabbath, one will be imposed on you. I also share a personal story where I experienced a burn-out and what caused that in my life. I hope this episode will be helpful and encouraging to many.
In the show, I talk about four areas in your life that will suffer majorly because you are doing too much, are over-committed and have no buffer zone or margin in your life:
I also give three practical steps on how to avoid a burn-out and achieve balance:
- Create clear non-negotiable items
- Learn to say no
- Accept the tension without anxiety
Here are the resources that I mentioned in the show:
- A link to Fuel For Life episode #3: http://bit.ly/1aTpVit
- A link to my book launch announcement: http://bit.ly/bookforward
- A link to the official website for my new book: http://bit.ly/1aN7Eld
- A link to join my book launch team: http://bit.ly/GH3DFu
Please share this episode with your network of friends by either posting a link on Twitter or sharing the episode on Facebook, using the hashtag #fuelforlife. You can use the convenient share buttons found right below this post.
I would really appreciate a positive review on the podcast page in iTunes as well. Click here to leave one.
Question: What else would you add to this discussion?